Monday, October 24, 2011

What I've Been Doing Since April

These five months have flown by, but I have still been 'doing'.  Mostly working on getting a artwork up on my website:  http://jani-freimann.artistwebsites.com/

1. I went to a Marketing seminar last spring. (see: 'Marketing Your Work' post)
2. Made a business plan.  Goals for me to accomplish by the end of 2011.
3. Re-photographed all my artwork to-date and posted it on http://fineartamerica.com/ so I can make all my art available to the public.  That took the majority of the summer because I am also a mom and because going through that much work and editting it so it is printable is a lot of work, but it is done now.
4. Got some artwork in two different galleries.  Sydney Art Museum/Gallery and Viridian Frame Shop in Port Orchard.
5. Got a Facebook page for my art started:  http://www.facebook.com/janifreimann
6. Started a weekly paint group with some friends which will be getting going next week.  This is important because I need to have like-minded people around me and this group is geared towards encouraging each other to making new works and, once in a while, having artsy outings like visiting galleries and museums.  Our first challenge to each other will be the 50 Day Challenge.  50 pieces of art in 50 days.

My paint group and I will be starting #6 this week and I will post the results.  It is perfect timing for me as I have a show to prepare for.  I want to enter three of these new works into the CVG Show (Collective Visions Gallery) that will be held in Bremerton, WA.  Entry deadline is November 17th.  Hopefully, all three will be accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment