Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Painting A Day For Fifty Days

I started a personal challenge to create fifty pieces of art in fifty days.  It has been a while since I have produced something new and I think this will get me back into good painting habits.


#1: Birch Tree Forest I
Mixed Media - Watercolor/India Ink/Acrylic/Pastel
28.5 x 21
Unframed Original: $500.00
Prints will be made available soon.



#2:  Birch Tree Forest
Mixed Media - Watercolor/India Ink/Pastel
29 x 21
Original: $500.00
View larger image and order paper or canvas prints here:




#3:  A Cold And Foggy View
Watercolor/India Ink
15 x 22.5
View larger image and order paper or canvas prints here:http://jani-freimann.artistwebsites.com/featured/a-cold-and-foggy-view-jani-freimann.html

A cold and foggy Northwestern view of Raft Island from Kopachuck State Park's beach.  Washed up or fallen trees make this beach an ever changing landscape.  Myriads of Sand Dollars are sometimes visible when the tide is low.



#4: Horse Head Study
Conte Chalk/India ink

(I did two other horse head studies that did not turn out well enough to post.)


#5:  Drawing of Black Horse (study)
Graphite Powder/Graphite
18 x 24

#6:  About To Buck (study)
Graphite Powder/Graphite
18 x 24

#7:  Spooked (study)
Graphite Powder/Graphite
18 x 24

#8:  Feeling  His Oats (study)
Graphite powder/Graphite
18 x 24
Doing another version of this that will be for sale.




#9:  Apple Study
Watercolor

View larger image and order paper or canvas prints here: 


#10:  Pear Study
Watercolor

View larger image and order paper or canvas prints here:




#11:  Eggplant Study
Watercolor

View larger image and order paper or canvas prints here:




#12:  Red Pepper Study
Watercolor

View larger image and order paper or canvas prints here:



#13:  Tomato Study
Watercolor

View larger image and order paper or canvas prints here:

December 3rd:  Thirty days into the challenge and I have done 17 pieces.  Four of those are not posted as they look absolutely aweful.  Trust me.  They are not postable, however, two sketches, from my first two attempts at a portrait I am doing, will go up as soon as I have a portrait I am happy with.  I'm getting ready to do another portrait of it today.
I'm finding it challenging to do this 50 day challenge during the holiday season, but I'm still going to try to meet my goal of fifty in fifty days.


February 11th 2012:  I've finally found the time to post the rest of my images that were done in the 50 days.  I got 41 out of 50 done.  So close to my goal.  Some of my images are digitally alter photos that I took.  I learned something about myself in the process.  Before this challenge, I seriously doubted I could get this much artwork done in such a short time.  I love doing photography too and I'm glad that I took the breaks from painting and played around with digitally Photoshopping my photos.  I learned  a lot about how to use that tool.  The images I am posting that I digitally altered are all done with a similar technique.
So here they are, the rest of my paintings and digitally altered photos
(I will post the snowman images I did as soon as possible):
















Most of these images are available and can be viewed and/or purchased on my websites www.jani-freimann.artistwebsites.com and www.dailypaintworks.com/artists/jani-freimann-3653

No comments:

Post a Comment